Stormwater in the Borough is now regulated by State and Federal law through something called an MS4 permit. The Borough is also required to be active in the Chesapeake Bay Pollutant Reduction Plan. For questions regarding Stormwater activities and regulations contact the borough manager at 717-737-6843.
Here are 10 things that you can do to prevent stormwater runoff pollution!
- 1. Use fertilizers sparingly and sweep up driveways, sidewalks, and roads
- 2. Never dump anything down storm drains
- 3. Vegetate bare spots in your yard
- 4. Compost your yard waste
- 5. Avoid pesticides; learn about Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- 6. Direct downspouts away from paved surfaces
- 7. Take your car to the car wash instead of washing it in the driveway
- 8. Check car for leaks, and recycle motor oil
- 9. Pick up after your pet
- 10. Have your septic tank pumped and system inspected regularly